Coffee gets a bad rap, but studies have shown numerous health benefits from drinking up to three cups a day. Coffee is a mild diuretic with a net hydrating affect, which means drinking coffee increases your hydration level. Coffee does contain a carcinogen, known as ‘furan,’ found mostly in espresso. Drip coffee is best.
Here are some reasons to drink a cup of Joe every day …
- Coffee is high in antioxidants
- Coffee protects against Diabetes, liver disease and Parkinsons
- Coffee offers at least 9 major health benefits
- Coffee provides anti-aging protection
- Coffee has been shown in dozens of studies to protect against diabetes, cancer, heart disease and other ailments related to aging.
I drink three cups per day, every day, as part of my health regimen. If you do choose to make coffee a daily habit, consider taking vitamin D3 supplements, because caffeine is known to leach calcium and vitamin D from the bones. That may be the only drawback of drinking coffee, which is easily overcome with proper supplementation.